Tuesday, December 29, 2015

New Beginnings

Every new year there is an abundance of thought about new beginnings. We go over the events of the last year and set goals for the new life before us. Someone once kept a log of his new years resolutions:

    2009: I will not spend my money frivolously.
    2010: I will pay off my bank loan promptly.
    2011: I will pay off my bank loans promptly.
    2012: I will begin making a strong effort to    be out of debt by 2013.
    2013: I will be totally out of debt by 2014.
    2014: I will try to pay off the debt interest  
by 2015.
    2015: I will try to be out of the country
 by 2016.



I guess we all like to think of new beginnings as a place of escaping from old problems. It is a fact that every new beginning means something has to end. Problem is, we often feel the past is so painful that the future is just too hard to visualize. 

Maybe we need to be like the caterpillar. When he believes he has reached the end of life, the butterfly has just found a new beginning. Let's resolve not to look back on what might have been and simply look forward to what will be. 

Have a Happy and joy filled New Year.

1 comment:

  1. This year was the best one yet and the approaching one will be even better!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Me

One of the primary requirements of good relationships is the ability to like yourself.  If we are counting on  someone to create our po...