Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Who Am I? Part 2

In our blog Who Am I ? Part 1 (click here to view) we discussed the various aspect of belief about who we are. We often ask our clients to spend some time considering just who they are. 
We all live parts of our lives in an unconscious state, reacting to people and events around us yet not really understanding why we have these reactions. 
Spend a few minutes thinking about the following:

Who Am I? (That which I have created up to this point)

__Loving         __Giving         __Anxious       __Demanding  __Worried       __Happy

__Angry          __Lustful        __Fearful         __Sick             __Healthy       __Broke         

__Prosperous  __Kind            __doubting      __Religious     __Frightened   __Unloved     

__Intelligent    __Leader         __Dumb          __Lazy            __Adventurous

__Follower      __Peaceful       __Untrusting   __Creative       __Spiritual      __Lost

__Depressed   __Confident    __Private         __Gregarious  

__Other___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If we have a spiritual belief, no matter what label we place on it, there is always a component reminding us we are created as part of a divine plan.  As such, we also have the ability to create our lives to reflect who we are and what we want in our journey. The power of creating comes in four stages:

What do I Believe?
What am I Thinking?
What am I Saying?
What am I Doing?

If I believe life is good, this will control my thoughts which influences what I say or do. If I am in a relationship with someone who I BELIEVE to be bad, then my thoughts toward this person will be bad and influence what I say and do in a negative fashion. This type of unconscious belief system causes most of our positive and negative interactions in life. 

How do I change my life? Change what I believe about myself, others, life, etc. Spend a few minutes deciding who you want to be and then consciously go about making that belief a reality. 


Who Do I Want To Be? (That which I will create from this point forward)

__Loving         __Giving         __Anxious       __Demanding  __Worried       __Happy

__Angry          __Lustful        __Fearful         __Sick             __Healthy       __Broke         

__Prosperous  __Kind            __doubting      __Religious     __Frightened   __Unloved     

__Intelligent    __Leader         __Dumb          __Lazy                        __Adventurous

__Follower      __Peaceful       __Untrusting   __Creative       __Spiritual      __Lost

__Depressed   __Confident    __Private         __Gregarious  

__Other___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  
We  create our lives everyday, as we have been doing since our hearts started to beat. If we create unconsciously, then we will have an unconscious life. However, if we create consciously, then we will have whatever life we believe. Try the above and we will pursue this further in Part 3.

Would like your thoughts and comments. You can also see more information at our website www.nyccc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Like Me

One of the primary requirements of good relationships is the ability to like yourself.  If we are counting on  someone to create our po...