Saturday, October 6, 2012

Self Respect



One of the primary requirements of good relationships is the ability to like yourself. 

If we are counting on  someone to create our positive self respect, then we will always be a reflection of how they like or dislike who we are, which is really dangerous. 

Here is a little exercise we use to help meditate on self respect:

Respecting our self

Make an internal commitment to respect yourself and to feel worthy of all life has to offer. 

The law of sowing and reaping attracts disrespect when we're affirming we are unworthy and we literally say to the universal source of all, "STOP THE FLOW OF ANYTHING I DESIRE, WHICH IS COMING IN MY DIRECTION, BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE IM WORTHY OF RECEIVING IT."


If we want to harvest corn we have to plant corn. If we plant wheat, we will not harvest corn. This is the law of sowing and reaping embraced by all major religions.
In addition, the law of physics states, for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction.

If we sow our negativity and unworthiness the universe around us will will respond, causing us to reaffirm our inner conviction of unworthiness and attract even more disrespect in a multitude of ways.

The provider of all things can do nothing other than provide. A tree grows and receives provision so it reaches its potential. It receives because it doesn't know how not to. 

We are the same as a tree, but our ego comes up with thoughts which block our provision. God, the source all good things, will keep providing, it is our negative expectation which turns away the positive provision. In the vacuum we create, the negative things fill the void.

Reflection for meditation:

I am not my body. I am not my accumulations. I am not my achievements. I am not my reputation. I am whole and perfect as I was created!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Like Me

One of the primary requirements of good relationships is the ability to like yourself.  If we are counting on  someone to create our po...